Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bonus

Wasn't sure where to post this one, but, chose this blogsite.

So, driving in my car just now (no, not like the Beatles' Rubber Soul), I heard Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" and I realized it really was my birthday.

Unlike in the States, where you have Classic Rock stations, to hear Jimi on Studio Brussels is about as rare as spotting the Dodo bird.

So, I knew it was my special day.

I used to listen to KISS, Jimi, Rush and Led Zeppelin on my Walkman II nearly 30 years ago before all of my swim races. So, what a treat to hear the Seattle man back on the wavelengths. Officially, he only put out 3 LPs, but unofficially, there are nearly 80 Hendrix albums. A man after my own heart, behind the scenes.

So, here is a second video for the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment